Everyone loves a cool Technology Tips and trick. We do not care how well we know the app or programs. Most of us never know how to use the shortcuts. It is also true of our computers. We frequently use gadgets without realizing their helpful capabilities. Check out these Zoom tricks you’ll wish you knew sooner. Please tap or click here to learn them.
If you’re quarantined, you will likely use the technology you already own. If you’re at home, you may also use your existing phone system. It’s hard to imagine this, but you are probably doing it the hard way. Saving time and money can be accomplished by taking shortcuts.
Several free programs are available to you here, from Adobe Photoshop to Microsoft Office, including free upgrades that you can get. These are a few of my favourite technologies tips, tricks, and shortcuts for various tools and programs.
1. First, Insert Your Usb Drive Properly
A USB cable plugged in correctly feels like no big deal. Therefore, are we so prone to making mistakes on our first attempt? Look around your house to find a USB cable. What does the symbol on the side of the cable mean? Besides decoration, it symbolizes something more. If you plug in horizontally, the emblem will point up, and if you plug in vertically, it will point downward. If you plug in facing you, the symbol will point up. Thanks for helping. Also, check out these seven steps to lower your internet bill while you’re simplifying your tech life.
- For the flash drive to be accepted by your computer, it must be connected by USB.
- To view files, choose Open Folder. In the case of correctly set up computers, a dialogue box may appear.
- You can locate and select the flash drive from the left-hand side of Windows Explorer if no dialogue box appears.
2. Reopen A Tab In A Browser – Technology Tips
When you’re browsing the web, you’ve got a dozen tabs open – you accidentally close one of them. Throughout history, this has happened many times. Alternatively, you could open up the history tab in your browser and reopen your account. The process is pretty simple.
- To automatically reopen the tab you just closed, press CTRL+Shift+T on a PC or Command+Shift+T on a Mac.
- By mistake, you can also apply the same trick if you close your entire Chrome window. This time, however, it will say Window instead of Reopen recently completed tabs.
- You can also choose to Continue where I left off if you want Chrome to resume when you reopen the browser.
- Open tabs from your last browsing session will appear when you open Chrome.
3. Add A Youtube Video At A Particular Time
It happens to all of us that an image on YouTube becomes something we want to share. Sending people to the video at a particular moment can be easier with a link. An embedded link allows people to go straight to that moment. Click on the box below the link to show the checkbox. An automatic lookup of when you stopped the video will display when you click on the box.
Using your preferred social media platform, share the link with your friends. As soon as someone clicks on the link, the YouTube video will automatically skip to your selected part. The time will remain the same, or you may choose another time. You can subscribe to my free newsletters here. Take advantage while you can.
4. Use “Site:” To Find Content Like A Ninja
You can find millions of results when you search on Google. Reduce that considerably by searching for a single site using Google’s Site: feature. Type “site:” into Google, followed by the website you want to search. Would you please leave off the quotation marks when quoting “site:komando.com”?
An additional tip: You can search for “site:komando.com” directly in your browser rather than having to visit Google. Continue reading to become a search ninja and unlock the magic. Cite your sources when you are researching for a research paper. Would you please keep a record of what you have found so you don’t have to worry about remembering and citing it later?
- Make use of Boolean operators
- Links to Related Sites
- The Synonym Search With
- Choose a date range to search
- You can search the title for specific words
5. Scammers Should Be Reported For Junk Texts
Texting friends you know on your cell phone is probably something you do dozens of times every day if you own one. However, have you ever received a text message from someone you didn’t know? Scammers may be interested in stealing your personal information if that is the case. Check out how you can deal with unwanted texts.
The problem with junk texts is that they are downright irritating. Blocking them isn’t that bad, but there’s also a feeling of accomplishment when you act upon them. You might receive an unsolicited text message. If you receive one, you have three options:
- Let your messaging app know what’s going on. Check for the junk or spam reporting option.
- The Messages app’s spam and junk reporting feature
- What to do when you receive spam on your Android phone
- The message should be copied and forwarded to 7726.
- Federal Trade Commission contact through Report Fraud.ftc.gov.
6. Add Your Voice To Google Docs
Text messages and emails can be dictated on your smartphone using the speech-to-text feature. There’s no cost to it, and it works very well.
Enable Voice Typing in Google Docs from the Tools menu after you open a new document. After you start dictating, click OK. Speech Recognition can recognize commands such as commas, periods, and new paragraphs.
The pros and cons of the system are now more apparent to you, now that you’re familiar with the technology. Now let’s focus on the main topic of this post and see how we can convert our voice into text using Google Docs. Describe how you can use text-to-speech in Google Docs.
- Go to Google Docs and create a document
- The voice typing process
- Enhance the text
7. Snap A Picture – Technology Tips
Most people take screenshots of their screens. They often take more than they need. It is possible to expose too much of your screen in a single picture, compromising your security. Just take a screenshot of the area you wish to tell in Technology Tips. You should crop the screenshot carefully.
A rectangle will appear when Command + Shift + 5 are press on a Mac. Drag and drop the rectangle to wherever you like. Enter Snipping Tool in the Search Bar of the Start menu to access it. By dragging this box, you can adjust the shape to any shape that you want.
8. Unsend An Email – Technology Tips
Could you explain why you just sent out an email that intends for only one person? If you adjust one setting before writing your email, Gmail allows you to unsend the email. Additionally, this recall function will enable you to:
- Edit spelling errors
- Incorrect recipients
- Subject lines
- As well as to add attachments you forgot.
So, the default setting of five seconds rais to a higher number. Even five seconds is not enough time for you to realize your mistake. You can’t even hit the unsend button in that timeframe. The Gmail settings allow you to pause the delivery of an email for up to 30 seconds.